ChatGPT is a large language model chatbot developed by OpenAI. It is a leading AI tool in the world that can be used for a variety of tasks, including generating text, translating languages, and writing different kinds of creative content. However, ChatGPT is not the only large language model chatbot available, and it also has some limitations. There are a number of other tools with similar functions that you may want to try with different features and benefits in 2023.
In this article, we will list the top 10 tools with similar functions to ChatGPT. We will also discuss unique features of each tool, so that you can choose the best tool for your needs.
Table of contents
1. What is ChatGPT?
ChatGPT, or Chat Generative Pre-trained Transformer, is a large language model chatbot developed by OpenAI. It is a powerful tool that can be used for a variety of tasks, including generating text, translating languages, writing different kinds of creative content (poems, code, scripts…) and answering your questions in an informative way.
ChatGPT is built upon GPT-3.5 and GPT-4 — members of OpenAI’s proprietary series of generative pre-trained transformer (GPT) models, based on the transformer architecture developed by Google— and it is fine-tuned for conversational applications using a combination of supervised and reinforcement learning techniques.
The possibilities of ChatGPT are endless, and it is likely to be used for even more applications in the future. However, it can sometimes generate answers that are factually incorrect and be biassed in its response.
2. Why Should You Use a ChatGPT-Similar Tool?
ChatGPT is a powerful tool that can be used for various purposes. However, it’s essential to consider ChatGPT-Similar Tools as they sometimes may offer more powerful specialised solutions:
- Cost-effective: Some ChatGPT-Similar Tools offer more flexible pricing structures and may even offer free plans for users due to their lower popularity.
- Unique features: Although ChatGPT Alternatives use similar NLP and machine learning to customise and provide answers for users, they may have unique and specialised features that ChatGPT do not. For example, some tools can translate languages, while others can generate creative content.
- Integration with other systems: Some ChatGPT-similar tools can be integrated with other systems, such as CRMs and marketing automation platforms
3. Which Features must ChatGPT-Similar Tools have?
The features you might need depend on your role at your organisation. If you are a marketer, you will need an AI creative content generator. If you are a software developer, you may need an AI code tool. However, to find the best appropriate AI Tools, you should need to consider some common features below beside your specific demands:
- Large Language Model: The tool must be powered by a large language model that has been trained on a massive amount of text data. This will allow the tool to generate text that is both coherent and grammatically correct.
- Natural Language Processing: Natural language processing capabilities would help the tool understand the context of your questions and requests and to generate responses that are relevant and informative.
- Generative Capabilities: The tool should generate different creative text formats, like poems, code, scripts, musical pieces, email, letters, etc., and answer your questions in an informative way, even if they are open ended, challenging, or strange. This is a complex task that requires the tool to be able to understand the context of the input and to generate text that is relevant and informative.
- Use cases: Different tools may conduct different tasks, from content, design or schedule. Based on your requirements and your jobs, you need to choose task-related tools that are specific to your field.
- Plugins: Plugins and integrations allow you to use your AI tools with other apps you already use. This can help generate code, answer questions and even create presentations.
4. Top 10 Tools with Similar Functions to ChatGPT
4.1. Google Bard
Google Bard is a large language model chatbot powered by Google’s LAMDA (Language Model for Dialogue Applications). Bard was created using a process called machine learning and was trained on a massive dataset of text and code. Bard was then able to learn the patterns in this data and use these patterns. Along with a user-friendly interface, Bard offers numerous convenient features, such as the ability to edit your sent question and restart conversations.
Like ChatGPT, you can simply type your query into the text box and hit enter, Bard will then generate a response. While ChatGPT provides only one answer for each question, Bard offers up to three alternative responses to your question.
– Generate different creative text formats
– Answer in an informative way
– Trained on a massive dataset of text and code
– Process information from the real world through Google Search
– Generate text and translate languages in multiple languages
– Let you give feedback by “thums-up” and “thumbs-down”
4.2. Microsoft Bing
Microsoft introduced Bing utilising an upgraded version of ChatGPT – GPT-4 and Microsoft technologies. That’s why the chatbot can handle AI conversations and access the web. The chatbot can also translate and support over 100 languages.
This ChatGPT-similar chatbot can work as an advanced online search engine to help customers with the most pertinent search results. As a result, you can use Bing as an alternative to ChatGPT. A more advantageous feature of Bing is that it is flexible and has enough capacity to access real-time data, while ChatGPT has limited access to information before September 2021. Moreover, Bing AI is integrated with other Microsoft services and programs, including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Teams, Skype, making it a valuable tool for both businesses and individuals.
– Personalise recommendations based on users’ data
– Select conversation type: creative, balanced and precise
– Can be used on Apple and Android devices
– Provide user behaviour and search trends for businesses
– Integrated with Microsoft productsLearn from users’ feedback
Another ChatGPT-similar tool is Chatsonic, which is developed by Writesonic and it was made for dialogues with multiple turns. This chatbot is based on OpenAI’s GPT-3 language model, which has only been trained on data sets up to 2021. However, it is powered by Google Search, so that it can give accurate and factual information due to the assistance from Google.
Similar to Bing and Bard, Chatsonic has footnotes with sources listed so that you can verify the information it has made, which is also an outstanding feature when compared to ChatGPT.
– Write and debug code
– Generate articles, blogs, songs and even photos
– Incorporated into other application
– React to voice command
– Produce automated conversations with users based on their activities on the website and social media
|Price: Free Trial Plan limits 10,000 words each month. $12.67/ month for 47,500 words|
YouChat is a conversational search engine feature by You.com that uses natural language processing to understand and respond to user queries. The chatbot can understand the intent behind user queries and provide relevant answers. It combines language models and search algorithms to generate accurate and informative answers.
Especially, you can use YouChat via various platforms, including web and mobile, which make it unique among other ChatGPT-similar tools. This tool also helps you in multiple tasks, from finding information, to making plans and purchasing products and services.
– Allow user to input natural language via both voice and text
– Answer in conversational format
– Integrated with messaging apps like Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp
4.5. Perplexity AI
Perplexity AI, launched in August 2022, is a large language model chatbot developed by Meta AI. It is a conversational search engine that enables users to get answers to questions on any topic, like ChatGPT. The chatbot uses OpenAI’s GPT-3.5 API, which allows it to react to any kind of written instruction, but its respondents include citing sites and sources from around the web.
Perplexity AI is available to anyone with a Meta account. To use Perplexity AI, simply go to the Perplexity AI website and sign in with your Meta account. You can then start asking Perplexity AI questions or generating text.
– Search the internet to find answers
– Display citations
– Has mobile app and require no account signup
– Offer seamless and on-the-go access
4.6. Poe by Quora
Poe by Quora is a chatbot that uses large language models to generate text, translate languages, write different kinds of creative content, and answer your questions in an informative way. This chatbot is still under development, but it has already been used to create a variety of content, including poems, code, scripts, musical pieces, email, letters, and blog posts. It can also be used to translate text from one language to another.
Poe is available to anyone with a Quora account. To use Poe, simply go to the Poe website and sign in with your Quora account. You can then start asking Poe questions or generating text. This is very useful for those who are looking for various AI chatbots similar to ChatGPT.
– Create creative content
– Generate text for variety of purposes
– Has access to Sage, GPT-4, Claude+, Claude-instant, Dragonfly and ChatGPT
– Integrate with writing tools like Google Docs
– Provide on-click citation
|Price: Free. $13/ month for Paid Plan|
4.7. Wix ADI
Wix ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence) is a website builder that uses artificial intelligence to help users create websites without any coding knowledge. Though Wix ADI and ChatGPT serve different purposes, it is still an attractive tool to try.
To use Wix ADI, users simply need to answer a few questions about their website and Wix ADI will generate a custom design. Users can then customise the design to their liking and add content to their website. However, in content generation, Wix ADI is not flexible enough when compared to ChatGPT. It uses predefined content blocks/ sections, which could potentially restrict your editing capabilities.
– Create website without coding knowledge
– Generate custom design by asking a few questions
– Allow user to customise the design
|Price: Free. $17/ month for Combo Plan. $27/ month for Business Plan. $50/ month for VIP Plan|
CoPilot is a large language model (LLM) developed by GitHub and OpenAI. It is one of the best ChatGPT alternative tools for web developers, as it can be used for assisting in coding tasks, such as code generation, code review, code auto complement and documentation.
To use CoPilot, developers simply need to type their code into a text editor or IDE. CoPilot will then generate suggestions for completing the code, based on its knowledge of code and programming patterns. Developers can then accept or reject CoPilot’s suggestions. This tool can help developers to write code more quickly and efficiently, and it can also help to prevent errors.
– Suggest code completions
– Generate code based on your instructions
– Review code for potential errors and stylistic issues
– Generate documentation for your code
– Integrated with GitHub
– Allow you to share code snippets and to comment on each other’s code
|Price: Free for 20 minutes per day. $10/ month for Pro Plan. $20/ month for Team Plan.|
Peppertype.ai is one of the biggest content marketing platforms that can be used to generate text, translate languages, and write different kinds of creative content. It was created by Peppertype, a company that specialises in artificial intelligence and natural language processing.
This AI tool leverages both AI and copywriting expertise to help you produce more effective and insightful content. To use it, you can choose your favourite writing styles, such as stirring, confident, formal or straight-forward, decide the topic and the manner, and make sure it relates to your subject. Moreover, Peppertype also helps you translate languages, write scripts and answer questions.
– Generate blog posts, articles and other types of contents
– Write scripts, poems…
– Answer questions in a comprehensive and informative way
|Price: From $10 to $25/ month|
Jasper is a writing software that allows everyone to create SEO-friendly content quickly and accurately. It is a good ChatGPT alternative for writing.
You can use Jasper for your advertising plan, email marketing, blogging, website content, social media and so on. Jasper offers a variety of content templates that you can use to generate content quickly and easily. It also can be used as an AI-powered writing assistant to help you with writing tasks. On top of that, Jasper integrates with a variety of other tools, such as WordPress, Shopify, and Google Docs to make generating content easier for you.
– Generate blog posts, articles, social media and other types of contents
– Generate content tailored to your specific needs
– Write creative content
– Integrated with WordPress, Shopify and Google Docs
– Check grammar
– Offer content templates
|Price: From $29 to $239/ month.|
ChatGPT is a powerful tool, but it is not the only large language model chatbot available. There are a number of other tools with similar functions that you may want to try in 2023.
We have listed the top 10 tools with similar functions to ChatGPT in this article and also discussed the pros and cons of each tool, so that you can choose the best tool for your needs.
We hope this article has been helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us. AgileTech can support you in your AI project as we have 8 years of AI experience. We have a proven record of building high-quality AI products for clients around the world. If you need further information and consultation for your project, then feel free to fill out this form to meet our IT experts!