In recent times, Flutter App Development has continuously been coming up as one of the leading cross-platforms in the tech world. There is no doubt that Flutter has taken the digital world by the storm.
But the question remains that “Can Flutter App Development benefit not only enterprises but startups as well? What percentage of startups become successful?”
Only 1 in 10 survive in the long run. So, what are the things hindering them to reach on top?
The most important thing is that Appreneurs should choose the best fit technology. It has to be cost-effective as well as constantly evolving with market needs.
While there are many cross-platform development of apps including Xamarin developed by Microsoft, and React Native developed by Facebook, etc. Why should you choose Flutter for cross platform app development?
In this article, we will discuss everything about Flutter and Cross-Platform Mobile App Development!
Table of contents
- What is Flutter App Development?
- Flutter – Pros and Cons for Business
- Why Startups Should Go For Cross-platform App Development?
- Why Startups Should Consider Flutter App Development?
- Who Are Using Flutter?
- Flutter for Cross-Platform App Development: To use or not to use?
- How To Hire Flutter App Developers
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is Flutter App Development?
Flutter is Google’s software development kit (SDK) for mobile apps. With Flutter, by using Dart programming language, developers can build native like apps.
In our experience to date, Flutter app development has already proven its importance in developing native-looking apps on Android and iOS.
Although it is in the nascent stage, Tencent and Alibaba have already embraced the technology. In addition, Flutter has already proven its importance because of being used by Google in the app called ‘Google Ads’.
Flutter vs React Native vs Xamarin
Presently, Flutter is emerging as strong competitors for the Xamarin and React Native.
Flutter – Pros and Cons for Business
Let’s have a look at advantages and disadvantages of Flutter app development!
Top 5 Flutter Benefits For App Development
Flutter has many key benefits that attract mobile app developers as well as business owners.
1. Less Coding
Simpler and easier to understand, Flutter does not need to code an entirely new programme if any changes are made.
Moreover, the open source of Flutter make it available for better research and development for any purpose.
2. Lower Testing Time
Apps that are developed using Flutter are equally effective on both Android and iOS platforms. Hence, instead of testing apps in two individuals frameworks, QA experts have to test only one version of the application.
3. Faster Time To Market
Besides, Flutter has easily customizable, extensible and fast widgets. As compared to its native app, entrepreneurs can launch the app a lot faster in the market.
Flutter significantly reduced the time we needed to develop new features from one month down to two weeks.Bruce Chen – Senior Development Engineer, Alibaba
4. Low App Development Cost
Using hot reload, without restarting the app, developers can perceive any change that is made to the code in real time.
We found the Flutter development experience to be superior, with better hot reload capabilities, very strong official documentation, and a more stable API.Alexandre Freire – Engineering Manager, Nubank
Since App development using Flutter gets with low development and testing effort, the cost of app development will lower.
5. Perfect for MVP
Being an MVP, it’s not only a comprehensive solution, it also targeted at a small group of users.
For example, if your companies need to showcase your products to investors in a short time, Flutter app development can serve the purpose. An MVP will help them have a better idea on the final look. At the same time, you don’t have to waste time on developing apps for two different platforms.
Why Startups Should Go For Cross-platform App Development?
Let’s take a dip dive into the reasons why your business needs cross-platform in 2020 and beyond!
- Fewer Development Effort – The cross-platform apps require less effort when comparing with native apps. Because developers can use single code and reuse it on multiple platforms. Hence, the apps will be developed faster.
- Less Time In Testing – You don’t need to have separate quality analysts for each platform or multiple devices to check the app. Instead of two versions for Android and iOS, they have to test only one version of the app.
- Faster Development – What’s more? If you want to customize the app, it is easy for the developers to modify the minor changes in a single code.
- Plugins Are Easily Accessible – With cross-platform app development, accessing wide range of plugins make the app development process is much better and smoother.
- Less Development Cost – As a result of all the above advantages, cross platform app development reduce time to market. On the other hand, the cross-platform apps can run on both Android and iOS alike.
Even cross-platform app development has disadvantages including tool restriction, slower operation, etc.
But then, because of rapid app development and less development cost, it still one of the best choice for startups and SMEs.
Why Startups Should Consider Flutter App Development?
Here are the few reasons to choose Flutter for startup mobile app.
Powerful Design Experience
How to design a powerful UI/UX for apps?
- Flutter is packed with customized widgets for both iOS and Android. Flutter widgets is not only used for views but also for the entire screen and even for the app itself.
- Moreover, the combination between Flutter and Material Design helps in creating a smooth and crisp app without any trouble, leaving users with amazing experience.
Read also: Top UI/UX Design Trends In 2020
Integrated with Firebase
- We all know that Firebase, backed by Google, provides a collection of services such as cloud storage, cloud functions, real-time databases, hosting, and much more.
- With the adoption of Flutter app development, startups don’t need time to invest time and resources on backend development.
Better Developers’ Productivity
- One of the most prominent benefits that developers can see the effect of a change in code happening in real time.
- Flutter removes the need to recompile, which lead to better time management and efficient resource utility by developers.
As a result, Flutter is likely to bridge the gap between the native app development and cross-platform development with perfection. Using the native UI elements of both Android and iOS, Flutter app development is a code that creates a powerful native experience.
Read also: How to build Progressive Web App?
In a nutshell,
- Flutter is open source.
- Apps developed in Flutter don’t take much time to build.
- Flutter app development cost will be lower compared to native development for two platforms.
- Flutter lets programmers use a single codebase, unify their teams, reduce risk, and speed time to market.
- It also gets the benefits of native look and performance.
Who Are Using Flutter?
Do you know which is the best way to understand the benefits of Flutter app development?
Yes. This is finding out top app build with Flutter. Below are Flutter examples from startups and the big behemoth for mobile app development.
Flutter is being used at the Google in Google Ads and Google GreenTree apps. Maybe you might not know, Google is also developing operating system named Fuchsia. Although the power of Fuchsia isn’t revealed to the world, we do know that it would rely heavily on Flutter.
Alibaba started using Flutter for Xianyu, which has 50+ millions of users. By empowering Flutter, the Xianyu app delivered great experience for iOS as well as Android.
Flutter for Cross-Platform App Development: To use or not to use?
You’ve known all the aspects of Flutter app development. Now, it’s time to make decision.
- If you are looking for cross-platform mobile app development framework, then Flutter is the right option for you.
- But make sure to hire skilled flutter app developers to make sure not to waste your time and money.
How To Hire Flutter App Developers
In United States, React Native developers have an average yearly salary of $110,000 per year. In Ukraine, the average React Native Developer rate is $30,000 a year.
Luckily, hiring a React Native developer in Vietnam will not be as costly. Like React Native developers, Flutter developers are in high demand. Hence, their wages are higher than those of other software developers.
Vietnamese mobile developers have an annual salary which range from $500 to $1400 USD per month.
Recently, according to Coursera Global Skills Index 2020, Vietnam ranks 22nd in global technology skills and 2nd in Asia Pacific countries as well.
If you are looking for Flutter or React Native developers or need assistance with your mobile app, don’t hesitate to contact us. At AgileTech, we have experience in large industry such as:
- Real Estate
If you are looking for Flutter developers or need assistance with your mobile app, don’t hesitate to contact AgileTech. Our experts will consult you on all matters and leave you feeling confident about your development needs.
You can contact us at email@example.com or (+84) 936 281 059 for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
The cost to develop a Flutter app with the help of an outsourcing company will depend on many factors (e.g. outsourcing company’s location, number of specialists involved, required third-party technical solutions, mobile app complexity, etc.)
So that, if you choose outsourcing in Vietnam, the Flutter app development will start from $3,000 to $10,000 for a small project.
Hiring a Flutter developer in Vietnam will not be as costly. The average developer’s rate is $10-$25/hour.
Flutter is dominating the tech world, which proves that it has the potential to take mobile development by storm.
Firstly, with Flutter, developers are able to take ‘code once’ approach and create a powerful native experience for both iOS and Android. This results in low development efforts and faster time-to-market.
Secondly, Flutter increases the productivity by “Hot Reload“. Developers can see the effect of a change in code in real-time so a team can quickly add new features, fix bugs and experiment.
Next, Flutter is packed with a number of widgets which designs eye-catching user interface.
Lastly, it is integrated with Firebase, which makes it easy to develop apps.